TMB corporate website
The TMB corporate website is accessible for everyone on any device, and is designed to be fast, user-friendly, clear and efficient. The content of this website has been developed with technology that guarantees access to information through any browsing device that supports the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) recommendations.
The TMB website also adapts to the needs of its users, so that anyone can access any of its content on any device.
This website adapts to the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines for AA level, and satisfies all verification points defined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
TMB App, an app for everyone
TMB App is an app for everyone. It is available in six languages, has native Android and iOS versions and is optimised for blind or visually impaired people.
We continuously review and improve its features and navigation to enhance the user experience for the blind and the visually impaired:
- Optimised voice browsing is available throughout the app.
- The app's design is optimised to aid users with impaired vision.
- Browsing is optimised to provide the best experience for those using screen readers (VoiceOver/TalkBack).
Tools offered by TMB App
- Use the JoTMBé alerts service to keep yourself informed about your usual routes.
- Plan your route with the Barcelona journey planner.
- The TMB App’s iBus Next bus tool provides additional functionality that supports all users, and especially the visually impaired.
- Also find out about the metro in real time with iMetro Next metro.
- The travel assistant also keeps users informed from the beginning of their journey until arrival at their destination thanks to the text-to-speech voice reader.
- You can also use buses safely and easily by staying informed about when the bus is about to arrive at the stop, when it has stopped and when the doors are opening or closing. It also has a specific driver alert service for the blind. You will find more information on the bus arrival alerts.
- Find out in real time about the metro network lifts through the feature that informs you of the status of lifts for each station, direction and access point.
NaviLens guidance system
NaviLens smart tags inform visually impaired people about signage and information on metro and bus services. To read these codes it is necessary to have the application.
You can find more information on the Navilens page.