You are in:
Personal data processing of your JoTMBé account
Detailed information on the processing of personal data provided in your JoTMBé account.
I. Data controller
The data controllers of the personal details of the data subject are Transports de Barcelona, SA holding CIF number A-08016081, Ferrocarril Metropolità de Barcelona, SA holding CIF number A-08005795, Projectes i Serveis de Mobilitat, SA holding CIF number A-63645220 and Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona, SL holding CIF number B-63645253 (jointly “Co-Data Processing Controllers” or “TMB”):
Contact details for the Data Controller are as follows:
- Postal address: Carrer 60, No. 21-23, Sector A, Polígon Industrial de la Zona Franca, 08040, Barcelona.
- Email address: email@example.com
You can request information regarding the responsibility of each entity by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data subjects are hereby informed that TMB has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who you can contact for any query relating to the processing of your personal details. The data subject can contact the Data Protection Officer by using the following email address: email@example.com.
II. For what purpose are your personal data processed?
Users are hereby informed that the personal data provided during the registration process for JoTMBé are for the main purpose of managing your registration and identification as a JoTMB User, allowing users to benefit from the services and features of JoTMBé. The following will be specifically included for this purpose:
- Incorporate your personal User data in a database shared by TMB.
- Send contractual communications to notify Users about actions taken regarding tickets bought through the online service (purchase, return, redemption, invoice request, approaching deadlines for redemption, activation of the bonus period, proximity of the deadline of end of bonus and confirmation or rejection of purchasing requests).
- TMB informs data subjects that in order to buy tickets, JoTMBé users should fill in the purchase form, in which they may be asked for additional data (tax details), if an invoice is required.
- In the event of wanting to purchase subsidised tickets (T-mes bonificada, T-mes FM/FN general, T-mes FM/FN especial, T-FM/FN 70/90 general, T-FM/FN 70/90 especial, T-trimestre FM/FN general, T-trimestre FM/FN especial, T-jove FM/FN general, T-jove FM/FN especial), users are advised that it is essential to obtain certification of the conditions in advance from the Punts TMB Customer Service.
- Allow users to use their profile to save their favourite journeys, bus routes, stops, metro lines and stations so that they can be advised about any incidents that may impact on any element of their journeys, lines and stops.
- Offer the possibility of personalizing the user interface, in order to speed up use and searches for public transport by the user. TMB will, out of necessity, use certain connection and location data provided by users' mobile devices (IP address, SIM card data and WiFi connection, the platform or the latitude/longitude).
- This purpose leads to drawing-up a user profile, which consists of classifying data subjects according to their transport preferences (favourite places, routes, lines and stops), shopping, items purchased, collection of tickets and location in real time. For this purpose, TMB will prepare a profile bearing mind the preferences given by the user, items purchased and data provided by his/her terminal, such as geographic coordinates. This will enable data subjects to receive accurate information affecting them, find nearby public transport solutions, and enjoy improvements in the services provided by TMB, thanks to the information provided.
- Give users the chance to earn exclusive prizes, rewards and gifts (tickets to shows, transport tickets, etc.) as part of the JoTMBé points programme.
- Users can provide information on their JoTMBé profiles in order to take advantage of the benefits offered by the Points Programme. This, along with the rest of the actions defined within the Points Programme, involves the production of a classification according to the points each user has earned and which allows them to take part in offers that are accessible according to the range of points acquired.
- Sending users communications aimed at gauging the opinion and levels of satisfaction of data subjects in respect of the products purchased or the effectiveness of the services provided by the TMB group.
Moreover, so long as they have given their consent by checking the appropriate box, the personal details of data subjects may be processed for the following purposes:
- Sending communications about events and notifications: notifications of general interest about amendments to bus and metro services (such as strikes, new bus routes, etc.) as well as changes or restrictions to mobility in certain areas or places (races, concerts, festivals, etc.).
- Giving users updates on the current services provided by TMB and the products sold by TMB.
- Sending users the TMB newsletter.
III. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for processing users' personal data for the purposes detailed in points a), d) and e) of the previous section is the legitimate interest of TMB.
The legal basis for processing users' personal data for the purposes detailed in point b) is the execution of the contract.
The legal basis for processing users' personal data for the purposes detailed in points f), g) and h) is the prior and unequivocal consent of the data subject. Regarding the purpose indicated in letter c), the legal basis for processing is the consent of the Data subject whenever necessary.
IV. How long is your data kept?
In cases in which users have given their express and informed consent, the personal data provided will be kept until the data subject requests its erasure, at which time they will be blocked until the applicable statute of limitations expires.
The personal data provided by users through the online ticket purchase service are kept so long as their contractual relationship remains in force. Once this is terminated, they will be blocked until the applicable statute of limitations expires.
V. To which recipients may we communicate your personal data?
In order to achieve the aforementioned objective, personal details about data subjects may be assigned to:
- Entities collaborating in the management and fulfilment of commitments arising from the competitions and promotions in which users participate.
- Public Administrations in circumstances where this is required to comply with the legal and regulatory provisions applicable in each case and, where applicable, to other official bodies such as State Security Forces and Agencies and judicial entities.
VI. What are your rights regarding the data you provide?
In accordance with the rights conferred on you by current legislation regarding the protection of personal data, TMB hereby advises users that they are able to exercise the rights of access, rectification, objection, erasure, portability and limitation in respect of the processing of personal data collected by TMB.
These rights may be exercised freely by users and, if applicable, by their representatives by sending a written and signed request to the following address: Carrer 60, no. 21-23, Sector A, Zona Franca, 08040 Barcelona, or by an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: “Exercise of GDPR rights” and including the following information: name and surname(s) of the user, address for correspondence, photocopy of the National Identity Document or Passport, and details of the request being submitted.
The right to rectification can also be exercised by the User through the website or the TMB App, by accessing your personal profile.
Exercising the right to erasure necessarily involves deregistering from JoTMBé, and withdrawing from any activity, promotion or prize draw in which the user is participating.
In addition to the aforementioned rights, data subjects will have the right to withdraw the consent granted at any time, without this action affecting the legitimacy of previous processing.
TMB reminds users that they can submit a claim to the Catalan Data Protection Agency at any time with regard to the processing of their personal data.
VII. How do we obtain your data?
The personal details processed by TMB come from data subjects themselves and from their activity.