You are in:
This section explains everything you need to know about the new new contactless validation system. It will also help you to register and guide you on how to manage the system digitally.
Bus incident ticket
Bus incident ticket
When do I have to buy a bus incident ticket?
If you board the bus and you cannot validate your transport ticket or the support you use does not work, you need to buy an incident ticket. You will realise that the ticket does not work as the validation machine is active but does not give out any signal when you try to validate your ticket or support.
How do I purchase a bus incident ticket?
Go to the Purchase of incident ticket and follow these steps:
- Enter your email address, the bus identifier number on the form (4-digit figure inside the vehicle at the upper front section) and the serial number of the support that failed.
- Click on the ‘Process purchase’ button to pay for the ticket. If the ticket is free, you do not need to pay for the incident ticket.
- You will receive an email with a compensation ticket that is already validated and ready to travel. You will also have the option to download it onto your phone.
What do I need to take into account when buying an incident ticket?
- This ticket entitles you to travel during the current journey you are making. Remember that it may not used to carry out transfers and that, if you have to make one, you will have to buy a new incident ticket to continue.
- This procedure is not valid if the validation machines are out of use or if the validator issues an error signal and lights up in red.
How can I get a refund for the cost of the ticket?
- Once the journey is over, you can contact a Punt TMB customer services to request a refund for an incident ticket. You have up to 15 calendar days from the moment of purchase to request the refund and you can submit a maximum of 20 tickets at a time.
- Once you have received the refund, if necessary, your travel card (top-up card) will be replaced if it is in poor condition.
Why do I have to buy a bus incident ticket?
To travel by bus and metro, it is essential that you have a valid transport ticket, suitable for the service in question and validated correctly. In the event of an inspection, you will need to show the incident ticket to the inspector so that everything is in order. To facilitate this, it is important to have it to hand on your device during the journey.