Penalty fare payment
How can I pay the penalty fare?
The deadline for payment of penalty fares is 30 days from the date it is imposed.
You can pay penalty fares:
- Immediately they are imposed, by paying the inspector.
- Through the online service for penalty fair payment.
- Via ServiCaixa, using the barcode section on screens. You will need the fine slip or the reminder showing the barcode and fine reference. Use the payment details for €50 or €100.
- At Punt TMB customer service centres, in cash or by credit card. If you do not have the inspection slip, you must provide all the relevant details of the inspection: the date, bus number, metro station or any other information requested.
You can get 50% off the penalty amount:
- If you are under 18.
- If you are over 18 and you pay the penalty fare on the spot or within the next two working days.
If you pay the penalty within the stipulated period, the fraud proceedings will be closed and the Authorities will not undertake further proceedings. Remember to keep your proof of payment.
Online payment instructions
How to make payment:
- Clicking on the payment button takes you to the La Caixa website.
- Enter the issuer (emissora) code in the appropriate field and click on continue.
- Enter the payment details.
- Remember to keep your receipt.
The penalty slip and the notification letter you receive contain the details necessary to make the online payment. To begin the payment process, the La Caixa, Línia Oberta service will request the process number (número de tràmit); next, you enter the reference number (13 figures), the identification number (6 figures) and the amount (in euros). Finally, enter your bank details and confirm payment.