Have a good journey with good Karma!
Our staff would like to make users aware of the importance of showing respect and consideration while using public transport.
Karma is our prescriber of good behavior on public transport. From now on, she will be with us as we travel by metro and bus to highlight wrongdoings and unsuitable attitudes and to reinforce considerate behavior, which is what the vast majority of our passengers display.
Karma employs a fun and friendly tone to make you reflect. It makes you conscious of what is expected of you. And also, obviously, it congratulates you for good behavior.
Good Karma wins out when you…
… validate your ticket correctly.
… give up the seats reserved for people who require special attention.
… sit down without occupying or dirtying other seats.
… listen to music without disturbing others.
… keep well clear of the metro tracks.
… respect fixtures and fittings on buses.
… respect the space of other passengers when seated.
Good coexistence on public transport
Karma is a product of our Management Plan for coexistence on public transport networks, through which we want to guarantee the rights and responsibilities of all users, prevent potential conflicts, encourage an understanding of the rules so that they will be respected and to develop a critical spirit among users.
The name of the character is a play on the philosophical concept of 'karma', understood as the collection of actions that affects every individual, marking their consciousness and conditioning their future.
The Karma campaign won a Silver Laus Award for graphic design in the exterior advertising category.
Have a good journey with good Karma! And remember: we will all experience better journeys when we show respect and consideration.
Check out the campaign videos on our YouTube channel:
- Have a good journey with good Karma by giving up your seat to other passengers who need it
- Have a good journey with good Karma without occupying or dirtying other seats
- Have a good journey with good Karma by validating your ticket correctly
- Have a good journey with good Karma by keeping your distance from the metro tracks
- Have a good journey with good Karma without causing a mess
- Have a good journey with good Karma by respecting people's personal space. Avoid ‘manspreading’
New TMB App journey assistant
The new app function for iOS guides you on your public transport journey thanks to geolocation.
The TMB App is launching the trial phase of a journey assistant for iOS devices which, using geolocation, gives you a step by step guide to all of the sections that make up your bus or metro journey. You can access it via the itinerary searches on Journey planner.
In additional to showing you the journey in stages, the assistant allows you to zoom in and move around the map to see the start point, destination, lines and routes used and your current location in real time.
Receive alerts when you get to your destination
If you activate the “Start journey” option for the route that Journey planner shows you, the app starts tracking your position and lets you know when you have reached your destination. On the sections you complete by bus and metro, the app sends a text message when you are approaching your stop, with an acoustic alert and vibration feature due to be included soon.
In the event you lose localisation through lack of GPS coverage, you can proceed manually on the different stages of the journey. Bear in mind that coverage on the metro is not uniform across all lines.
We are working to improve your mobility
The new TMB App assistant is designed to improve your travel experience and guide you on your public transport journeys.
This function is firstly available for devices equipped with the iOS operating system as this is the one most widely used by people with impaired vision.
The idea is to test it out to gauge user response before also developing it for use with Android during the course of this year.
The New Bus Network takes you to the beach
Come to the beach using the New Bus Network
Apart from the regular bus routes that take you to the beaches of Barceloneta and Nova Icària, this year you can use our new routes to get to the beaches of Mar Bella, Llevant and Banys del Fòrum:
- Bus route V29 - Diagonal Mar / Roquetes
- Bus route V31 - Mar Bella / Trinitat Vella
- Bus route V33 - Fòrum Campus Besòs / Santa Coloma
Ah! And you can also pick up a free beach bag!
Look out for our staff who will be identifiable at the beach bus stops during the mornings between 30 July and 3 August, show them your public transport ticket and receive a free beach bag (while stocks last).
Use the tag #TMBplatges on social media and share your photos with us of you with your bag!
The most refreshing music of the summer
Open-Air Cinema on Montjuïc
from 29.06.2018 to 03.08.2018
From 29 June to 3 August, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights, Barcelona will take on a distinctly cinematic flavor with original version films and great music. The moat of the Castle of Montjuïc will be hosting the sixteenth edition of Sala Montjuïc, a cornerstone of the Catalan capital's summer cultural program.
The event consists of a cycle of 16 sessions made up of concerts and showings of short and feature length films, all in the open air, using a giant screen that measures more than 160m²
How to get there
JoTMBé Summer Concert - La Pegatina
JoTMBé invites you to an exclusive summer concert by La Pegatina
The group La Pegatina will be giving an exclusive performance to launch their new album “Ahora o Nunca” (Now or Never).
La Pegatina is a Catalan group founded in 2003 in Montcada i Reixac. Their music is energetic, fun and eminently danceable to, suitable for all age groups.
The performance will take place on Monday, 30 July at 17:00 in the gardens of the Recinte Modernista de San Pau, the most important complex of Modernist buildings in Europe, that is providing the use of its garden area.
Don't miss out on the party we have put together for all JoTMBé friends and get one of the 175 double ticket invitations that we are offering through a prize draw.
Take part from Monday 16 July until 29 July inclusive.
If you are not yet a member of JoTMBé, join now to take advantage of the exclusive benefits on offer.
Concert: Monday 30 July at 17:00
Location: Jardins del Recinte Modernista de San Pau
Environmental pollution episodes
Travel on public transport using a T-aire ticket during episodes of high air pollution.
What is an environmental pollution episode?
An environmental pollution episode occurs when pollution levels in the air exceed the limits recommended by the WHO and the EU and become even more harmful to health, affecting the more susceptible social groups such as those with breathing difficulties or cardiovascular conditions, children, the elderly and pregnant women. In Barcelona this can occur up to three times a year, especially in terms of concentrations of particles in suspension PM10 and nitrogen dioxide NO2.
How can we reduce the effects of the episode?
TMB supports the initiative of the Barcelona City Council which provides for a number of measures to be activated as soon as the Catalan Government declares an air pollution episode. These measures began to come into effect from 1 December 2017.
Two different phases have been identified with two levels of application according to the maximum threshold level of each pollutant: there is an initial one called a preventative warning and a more severe one termed as an episode. Once either of them are activated, public institutions and transport operators alike will advise users and the general public through their communication channels.
The principal action taken is to reduce the number of private car journeys (CA). One of the main measures for achieving this is to put the T-aire into operation, a ticket that is only valid during such situations in order to facilitate mobility using public transport.
Use the T-aire
- The T-aire will only be available during pollution episodes and is aimed at those people who habitually use private cars in the center of Barcelona or in other municipalities so that, when restrictions are in force for vehicles that cause most pollution, they leave their vehicle behind and take public transport as an alternative for getting to their destinations.
- It includes one return journey at a reduced price.
- It is a multi-person ticket that includes two journeys at a special price and has to be used on the same day that it is first validated.
- The ticket is available in the automatic vending machines of the railway operators that fall under the control of the Metropolitan Transport Authority (ATM): Metro, FGC, Rodalies de Catalunya and Tram. Also at the automatic TMB sales distribution points found at some of the bus stops throughout the city of Barcelona.
You can find more information about environmental pollution episodes on Barcelona City Coundil's Air Quality Website.
Sónar Goes Down to the Metro from 30 May to 8 June 2018
Date: from 30 May to 8 June
TMB is once again collaborating with the Sónar Festival with an exclusive concert in the underground facilities, this year with a new design, exclusively for the Barcelona metro: an immersive experience of virtual reality.
Mueveloreina in the metro
On Friday, 8 June at 7 pm, the Universitat metro station will host a concert by Mueveloreina, the guest band this year.
MueveloReina is a duet originally from Valencia. It is now established in Barcelona and presents a new way of moving to trap, with tropical sounds, based on an open, sassy style, which is simply called freestyle.
Sónar+D, Life of us
TMB takes you to Sónar+D to present Life of us, an immersive experience of virtual reality, which will take place in the metro facilities.
Get out there and take part in a run through life, starting with the creation of earth and reaching a future world with robots. This will take place for 5 days, from 30 May to 3 June, from 4 pm to 8 pm.
You can access this experience through the JoTMBé competition. 120 immersive experiences will be raffled, along with 30 individual passes and 4 VIP passes to go to Sónar 2018.
See full information on the performances and venues of the festival on the Sónar 2018 website.
- Sónar 2018+D, Life of us: Universitat station, from 30 May to 3 June, from 4 pm to 8 pm. Win your participation with JoTMBé!
- Concert in the metro: Universitat station, on 8 June at 7 pm. Free entry with your metro ticket.
Share your photos and videos with us through the social networks, by tagging our Instagram profile, @tmb_bcn, and Twitter, @TMB_Barcelona.
The Subtravelling Festival is back!
Take part from 23 July
The Subtravelling Festival is back!
The ninth edition of the TMB InternationaL Short Film Festival is here with spectacular prizes for everyone.
Send us your short film from 23 July to 14 October!
The festival is groundbreaking, owing to its innovative features, as it brings short films to transport networks. It also enables new audiovisual creators to show their personality, by recording a short film on the stages of Metro, Bus and Cable Car networks.
Since 2016, the Subtravelling Festival is associated with the Seoul Metro International Subway Film Festival (SMIFF). They are the only two short film festivals in the world where the metro and public transport in general are the stars.
Subtravelling, 9th TMB International Short Film Festival
The festival is divided into two parts:
- Filming on TMB: from 23 July to 14 October. Create your short movie based on public transport and participate!
- The Exhibition: from 15 October to 18 November. Enjoy the movies participating and the 20 international short films selected for the occasion.
- Voting from 15 October to 18 November. Participate by voting for your favorite short movies, and you can win a fantastic trip!
The closing and prize-awarding ceremony will take place at the end of November.
Filming on TMB
- The subject matter is free, but TMB transport and coexistence among users should appear.
- Maximum duration is 3'30".
- The script should be in Spanish or Catalan.
- Each participant may send in more than one, never released short movie.
Conditions of recordings inside TMB facilities:
- A validated ticket is required to access transport or facilities.
- The use of the tripod, sound hangers or any other element that may interfere with passenger movement, is forbidden.
- The maximum number of people recording in the facilities at the same time, is four.
- Filming cannot be done in the rush hour (from 7 am to 10 am and from 4 pm to 6 pm).
- It is important to follow the instructions of TMB staff at all times.
Check the legal bases.
- First prize to the best short movie:trip for two people and five nights at a hotel of Seoul (Korea), to attend the SMIFF festival and exclusively present the winning short movie.
- Second prize to the best short movie: all-inclusive trip for two people.
From 15 October to 18 November, the participating short movies and an international selection of 20 short movies, can be seen on the festival's website and on MouTV screens on platforms, inside the metro and on buses.
Between 15 October and 18 November, vote for the short movies participating in Filming on TMB and the Exhibition, to win an all-inclusive trip for two people to a spectacular destination.
New bus network
Three high performance bus routes are coming into service on the network this June.
A better connected city
The latest phase of the new bus network came into operation on 25 June with the introduction of three new high performance routes to add to the 20 routes that have been introduced since 2012. A new conventional route has also been added.
When the latest phase is completed in the autumn of 2018, the Barcelona bus network will consist of a total of 98 routes: 43 conventional urban and inter-urban routes, 27 Bus del Barri or neighborhood routes and 28 high performance routes.
We are moving forward with the implementation of the new bus network. More routes. Quicker and easier.
New routes coming into service
- D50 (Paral·lel - Ciutat Meridiana)
- V9 (Poble-sec - Sarrià)
- V33 (Fòrum / Campus Besòs - Santa Coloma)
Changes and amendments to routes and stops
The introduction of this new phase brings with it changes to current routes and stops.
These new routes are as direct and straight as possible, designed to be more efficient and logical and always taking into account user comfort and ease.
Existing routes that coincide with new ones will be substituted to avoid duplication and to follow straighter lines to guarantee a speedier and more regular service. In this phase the following routes will completely disappear: 41, 42, 50, 51 66 and 143.
With regard to changes in stops, new ones have been constructed and others have been moved to favor bus mobility, to shorten the distance between route interchanges and to even out the distance between stops. In this phase the following routes will be modified: V5, 24, 60 and 67.
Check the details of all the changes on the New Bus Network.
The new Barcelona bus route map
The bus network has been transformed by adding two new vertical routes (V9 and V33), a diagonal one (D50) and 12 interchange areas to facilitate connectivity and changing modes of transport: the connection between other bus routes and other forms of public transport (metro, FGC, Tram, etc.) has been improved.
Take a look at what the new bus network map looks like.