Social media policy
Which social networks can you find us on?
As an organisation we want to be closer to our customers and open to talk with you about public transport. To facilitate contact, we have accounts on the social networks.
These are our profiles:
- Twitter corporate
- Twitter information and customer services
- Hola Barcelona Facebook page
- The Barcelona Bus Turístic Facebook page
- Hola Barcelona Instagram page
- The Barcelona Bus Turístic Instagram page
These accounts are not managed 24 hours a day. If you need immediate help or you there's an emergency or risk that you need to notify, as the bus driver. If you're on the metro, contact the member of staff on duty or use the Info interphone. If there's an emergency in the metro, use the SOS interphone.
Information and customer service
@TMBinfo profile on Twitter
We know how important it is for you to find out the state of service from #metrobcn and #busbcn. Via this account you can find information and customer services from 7 am to 8.00 pm, from Monday to Friday, except holidays.
It provides information on:
- Disruptions on the metro (stoppages longer than 5 min. and partial services).
- Scheduled alterations on #metrobcn and #busbcn due to an event (concerts, football matches, popular festivals, races, etc.) and work on infrastructure.
- New features of the public transport service we operate.
- Recommendations on the proper use of public transport.
We also answer queries and doubts, listen to comments, take note of suggestions and foster opportunities to improve the public transport service we provide.
Current affairs and participation
@TMB_Barcelona profile on Twitter and TMB Facebook page
We have corporate areas on the social networks to have contact with you, to keep you up to date and tell you things that will help you enjoy using public transport more.
These areas offer:
- Content of interest on public transport: latest information, news, specialised articles, new developments, fun facts and trends, extended on our webpage TMB Notícies (CA)
- Corporate information: current projects, social cultural and educational campaigns we have underway, and who we are working with.
- Information on activities and promotions on JoTMBé.
- History: images of public transport in the city in days gone by and information on how it has evolved.
- News and services from the corporate website.
- Chat community about public transport in your city.
The Barcelona Bus Turístic Facebook and Instagram pages: we show you Barcelona
On the Barcelona Bus Turístic Facebook and Instagram and on the Hola Barcelona Facebook and Instagram pages we show you a different Barcelona from the guide books. Together we visit the city's monuments and sights and uncover its hidden secrets. We also look at traditions and the way of life here. The photos of both first-time visitors and those who come back time and again are the one of the sources of inspiration on our profiles.
We share our passion for public transport in images on Instagram. We travel the world looking for the most original metro station or bus stop and look at the past, and the present, to remember the history of Barcelona transport and publicise a thousand and one fun facts about public transport in the city. Plus we share the photos you send and echo your travel experience.
On YouTube we share home-grown videos linked to our news on what we're up to.
On SlideShare we share corporate presentations and documents of interest. Some of them have specialised content linked to public transport management and operation.
Rules of use
- Please respect others and their opinions.
- Do not write anything which is discriminatory, racist, defamatory, obscene, that violates current legislation, that encourages others to do so or that incites anti-social behaviour.
- Respect people's privacy and reputation.
- Once is enough; don't repeat the same message over and over.
- Make sure your comment is relevant to the subject in hand. This makes communication easier.
How to use TMB social areas
- Use our hashtags to talk to us: #metrobcn, #busbcn and #nxbus, #JoTMBé, #HolaBarcelona, #BarcelonaBusTurístic, #TelefèricdeMontjuïc, #CatalunyaBusTurístic, #FuniculardeMontjuïc i #TramviaBlau.
- If you ask us, we'll answer, but we can't vouch for the accuracy of the information published by other users.
- Sometimes we may ask you to send us personal details in a direct message. We undertake to treat this information with the utmost confidentiality.
- We publish multimedia material to make it available to you, so you can share it in 2.0 environments, thanks to the embed function, which can be used on blogs and webs.
- Activate the news with the updates on our Facebook page.
- Subscribe to YouTube RSS feed to be notified of the latest videos and photos uploaded to the channel.
- Follow the RSS feeds on our news page TMB Notícies (CA).
- Use the labels we include to organise content; they'll help you find what you're looking for more easily.
- The content we publish on the social networks is disseminated under Creative Commons licences.