From the airport by metro
Metro line L9 Sud (South) takes you from the two terminals of Barcelona airport (El Prat) to Barcelona in only 30 minutes
From the Airport to Barcelona by metro: L9 Sud
Metro line L9 Sud connects the airport terminals T1 and T2 with the city of Barcelona, every 7 minutes. There are three stations in this line where you can transfer to other lines of the network: Torrassa (L1), Collblanc (L5) and Zona Universitària (L3). It also goes to Fira de Barcelona (Fira station). The journey from the airport to Barcelona city center by metro takes you 32 minutes and operates every day from Monday to Thursday (5:00 am to midnight), Fridays and eves of public holidays (from 5:00 am to 2:00 am), non-stop on Saturdays and from 5:00 am until midnight on Sunday.
The stations in this metro line are: Aeroport T1, Aeroport T2, Mas Blau, Parc Nou, Cèntric, El Prat Estació, Les Moreres, Mercabarna, Parc Logístic, Fira, Europa | Fira, Can Tries | Gornal, Torrassa, Collblanc and Zona Universitària.
Metro tickets to the airport
There are three ticket and travel card options valid to travel between Barcelona and the airport.
- Hola Barcelona Travel Card, takes you to and from the airport and make unlimited journeys on public transport in Barcelona over 2 (48 h), 3 (72 h, 4 (96 h) or 5 (120 h) consecutive days. Great for getting around the city quickly and freely.
- The Airport ticket, valid for a single journey between the airport and the rest of the metro network.
- Integrated transport tickets to the airport for those who will be in Barcelona for a while.
If you get to Aeroport T1 or Aeroport T2 stations on an invalid ticket, you will be able to purchase an Airport ticket in order to exit the station.
Barcelona airport to city
Up-to-date information on public transport from Barcelona airport to the city centre. Airport buses and trains reach the centre of Barcelona in 30-40 minutes and link up to the transport network:
- Official shuttle: Aerobús
- Conventional bus line: 46
- Local mainline train: R2
- Night-time buses: NitBus