From the airport by metro
From the Airport to Barcelona by metro: L9 Sud
Metro line L9 Sud links Airport terminals T1 and T2 with the city of Barcelona every 7 minutes. There are three stations where you can change to other lines in the metro network: Torrassa (L1), Collblanc (L5) and Zona Universitària (L3). It also goes to Fira de Barcelona (Fira station). The journey by metro from the airport to Barcelona takes 32 minutes. The service operates Monday to Thursday, from 5.00 am to midnight, and Fridays and eves of public holidays, from 5.00 am to 2.00 am. On Saturdays it runs non-stop, from 5.00 am until midnight on Sunday.
Metro tickets to the airport
Three types of ticket and travel card are valid for travel to and from Barcelona airport:
- Hola BCN! travel card, takes you to and from the airport and make unlimited journeys on public transport in Barcelona over 2 (48 h), 3 (72 h, 4 (96 h) or 5 (120 h) consecutive days. Great for getting around the city quickly and freely.
- The Airport ticket, valid for a single journey between the airport and the rest of the metro network.
- Integrated transport tickets to the airport for those spending more than a month in Barcelona.
Barcelona airport to city
Up-to-date information on public transport from Barcelona airport to the city centre. Airport buses and trains reach the centre of Barcelona in 30-40 minutes and link up to the transport network.:
- Official shuttle: Aerobús
- Conventional bus line: 46
- Local mainline train: R2
- Night-time buses: NitBus