Bus stop guidance options
What are bus stop guidance options?
This new TMB App function enables visually impaired people to use the bus easily and safely, while the bus is approaching the stop.
How does the bus stop guidance system work?
When a visually impaired person wants to catch a bus, they can choose the line and destination using their mobile device. This detects which bus will arrive first at the stop they are waiting at.
Do you have a visual disability and need to use the guidance options?
Follow the steps below:
- Install the free TMB app.
- Open the app and allow the app to access the your location.
- If this is the first time you have used the TMB app, you will be shown the available features. From this tutorial, you can activate the bus stop guidance with the default settings by clicking on the button "Activate the bus stop wizard now".how the TMB app works. From the tutorial click on the button "Activate the stop assistant now"
- If you are already a TMB app user, click on the button at the top left of the home screen and select the "Settings" option. Then press "Accessibility options" and activate the "Bus stop guidance options" button.
- Customise the possible options, according to your needs.
- From the home screen you will find two options for locating the bus you need to catch: “I-Bus – I-Metro”, where you can search for a bus stop number, line, destination or even your favourite stops, or "Where am I", where you can find the nearest bus stops.
For further information, see the extended guide to bus stop guidance options.