Bus stop guidance options
What are bus stop guidance options?
This new TMB App function enables visually impaired people to use the bus easily and safely, while the bus is approaching the stop.
This project is one of the actions resulting from TMB's Universal Accessibility Master Plan.
How does the bus stop guidance system work?
When a visually impaired person wants to catch a bus, they can choose the line and destination using their mobile device. This detects which bus will arrive first at the stop they are waiting at.
The app will then tell them whether the bus is close or far away, whether it is moving or has stopped, and whether its doors are open or closed.
The app also alerts the driver to the presence of a visually impaired person at the next stop.
Do you have a visual disability and need to use the guidance options?
Follow the steps below:
- Install the free TMB app.
- Open the app and allow the app to access the your location.
- If this is the first time you have used the TMB app, you will be shown the available features. From this tutorial, you can activate the bus stop guidance with the default settings by clicking on the button "Activate the stop assistant now" from the tutorial.
- If you are already a TMB app user, click on the button at the top left of the home screen and select the "Settings" option. Then press "Accessibility options" and activate the "Bus stop guidance options" button.
- Customise the possible options, according to your needs.
- When you are at the bus stop, go to the page for that stop in TMB App and click on the bus line you want to use. You will have all the information on buses on this line with respect to the stop. If you have activated the driver warning, TMB App will send you confirmation when you have sent the warning to the driver of the first bus on the line you are waiting for. In TMB App, there are several ways to get to the stop details page: for instance, from the iBus-iMetro option, if you search for the stop via the search engine or in the list of favourite stops and click on the name of the stop, the details page of the bus stop will open.
For further information, see the extended guide to bus stop guidance options.