You are how you move
Your commitment to mobility makes you our protagonist. With TMB, you are how you move!
TMB thanks you for your commitment to sustainability and the new low-emission zone, mobility, accessibility and connectivity when travelling on public transport.
Rondes BCN low-emission zone
The Rondes BCN ZBE low-emission zone will start up permanently on 1 January 2020, from Monday to Friday working days from 7 to 20 hours. It aims to promote sustainable mobility, reduce polluting emissions and protect the health of people.
By using public transport, you help make a more sustainable city and develop a less polluted city. We support eco-efficiency, the fight against pollution and climate change.
You have a complete public transport network available, to travel efficiently and sustainably, along with other non-polluting forms of transport, such as cycling or walking.
On 1 January, we shall start to breathe easily. Information on:
You are how you move! You are the protagonist of the city’s public transport system
- Go where you like, go by bus. You are at one of your stops. With the New Bus Network, which is now fully operational, you can travel more easily and quickly to any point in the city with improved levels of frequency and comfort. It’s so easy to orientate yourself thanks to the new changeover points.
- There are no barriers for us and no limits for you. The TMB bus network is 100% accessible. Except for a very few stations, the entire metro network is also accessible. We are working constantly to improve accessibility, something for which we are a global benchmark. Some of the latest improvements can be found in the stations of Barceloneta, Paral·lel, Vallcarca and Jaume I.
- Get on the metro, get on the bus and CO2 is reduced! You are one of us! As well as your own contribution to making the city more sustainable, TMB promotes the culture of sustainability and is committed to eco-efficiency and the fight against pollution and climate change: on the metro, we are working on energy-saving programmes and the management of water and waste. Regarding buses, we have managed to build up one of the cleanest fleets in Europe: we are transforming it by steadily introducing electric, hybrid and zero-emission vehicles.
- All the same. All different! travelling by public transport means carrying everyone and being available to everyone. You are modern and up-to-date. Moving around using public transport says something about who you are.
- You get off the bus and then take the metro. You don't need to rush to get from one place to another. You can go where you like and contribute towards improving mobility. With the automated metro lines L9 and L10 you can now get to the airport, Zona Franca, Santa Coloma and Badalona more quickly and comfortably thanks to cutting edge technology. Take advantage of the interchange points between the bus and metro to get to wherever you want: you will always find a metro station close to a bus stop and vice-versa.