See bus and metro operating hours for weekdays, Saturdays and public holidays.
Barcelona metro operating hours
The Barcelona metro opens daily at 5.00 am, except on days when it runs all night (continuous service).
Closing times vary according to the type of day. These are as follows:
- Weekdays (Monday to Thursday): until midnight.
- Fridays and eves of public holidays: until 2.00 am.
- Saturdays: runs all night.
- Sundays and public holidays during the week until midnight.
- 24 December: until 11.00 pm.
Special dates: 24 December, 5.00 am to 11.00 pm.
Other nights with continuous service in 2017:
- Saint John's Eve (night of 23–24 June)
- Gràcia festival (18–19 August)
- La Mercè festival (22–23 and 24-25 September)
- New Year's Eve (31 December – 1 January)
The last time given is the time when the last trains leave the station at each end of the line.
Montjuïc funicular operating hours
- Monday to Friday: 7.30 am to 8.00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9.00 am to 8.00 pm
- Monday to Friday: 7.30 am to 10.00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9.00 am to 10.00 pm
Barcelona bus operating hours
TMB buses operate all day from Monday to Sunday. Some lines run between certain times and others follow timetables. Access detailed information on each line in the Bus Barcelona Barcelona bus section. You can find information on times for each stop by clicking on the name of the stop.
Buses' running according to timetable depends on road and traffic conditions. Approximate arrival times.
Bear in mind that:
- Bus timetables vary according to the type of day: weekday, Saturday or public holiday. If any of these options is not shown, the bus does not run on that type of day (some buses do not run on Saturdays or public holidays, others only run on public holidays).
- Once you have selected the line and type of day, information on times or frequency will be shown.
- If the bus runs according to a timetable, the approximate arrival time is given for the selected stop. Select the stop you want for specific information.
- For buses that run between certain times, the departure time from the terminus is given for the first and last bus. For the rest of the day, the frequency is given according to the time of day, taking the departure time from the terminus as reference.
- On 24 December, Christmas Eve, the last TMB buses will leave the terminus at 10.00 pm.
Night-time service and interurban service
During the night, the company NitBus provides a night-time bus service in Barcelona and the first metropolitan ring with 17 lines. All of them, except the N0, go through Plaça de Catalunya, where you can change to other lines.
The interurban bus service links Barcelona with the other towns in the metropolitan area. See the timetables of the various buses by searching the AMB (Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona) website.