See bus and metro operating hours for weekdays, Saturdays and public holidays.
Barcelona Metro schedule
|Type of day
|From Monday to Thursday and midweek public holidays
|From 05:00 to midnight
|Fridays and the nights before public holidays
|From 05:00 to 02:00
|Start: at 5.00 hours; continuous service throughout Saturday to Sunday night
|Continuous service throughout Saturday to Sunday night; end: at 24.00 on Sunday
|From 05:00 to 23:00
|Continuous service throughout New Year's Eve
The final time refers to when the last train leaves the terminal station at each end of every metro line.
Mas Blau, Mercabarna and Parc Logístic (L9 Sud) and ZAL | Riu Vell, Ecoparc and Port Comercial | La Factoria (L10 Sud) stations have the same opening times everyday: from 5.00 to 24.00 hours. On 24 December, they will close at 23.00 hours.
Schedule for the Montjuïc Funicular
Montjuïc Funicular operating hours
From 10/30/2023 to 03/31/2024:
- Working days, Mondays to Fridays: from 07:30 to 20:00.
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: from 09:00 to 20:00.
From 04/01/2024 to 10/27/2024:
- Working days, Mondays to Fridays: from 07:30 to 22:00.
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: from 09:00 to 22:00.
See the service notices to find out the schedule of the Montjuïc funicular on the days when FC Barcelona plays a match at the Lluís Companys Olympic Stadium.
Barcelona bus schedules
TMB offers a full day bus service from Mondays to Sundays. Some routes operate based on frequency of service and others on a fixed timetable. You can access detailed information about each route in the Bus Barcelona section. You will find information on the schedule for each bus stop by clicking on the name of the stop.
Adherence to these timings is subject to prevalent local traffic conditions. Service frequency is approximate.
You need to bear in mind that:
- Bus route timetables vary according to the types of day of the week: working day, Saturday or public holiday. If none of these options appear, the route does not run on that type of day (there are bus routes that do not operate on Saturdays or public holidays and others, conversely, that only operate on public holidays).
- Once you have chosen the route and the type of day, information will appear on the timetable or frequency of service according to different time slots during the day.
- If the route operates based on a timetable it will show an approximate time for the bus to pass the selected stop. That is why it is advisable to specifically check your chosen stop to obtain the correct information.
- For routes based on service frequency, the timings of the first and last buses to leave the bus terminal will be given. For the remainder of the day, the anticipated frequency will be dictated by time slots, also using the departure time from the bus terminal as a reference.
- On 24 December, Christmas Eve, TMB buses will make their last journeys from their originating points at 22:00.
Night service and interurban service
During the night, Nitbus offers a nocturnal bus service within Barcelona and as far as the first metropolitan ring. All routes, except N0 and N19, go through Plaça de Catalunya, where it is possible to transfer between routes.
The interurban bus service connects Barcelona with the rest of the municipalities in the metropolitan area. Consult the timetables of the different operators using the browser of the Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona (AMB) website.
On-demand bus service timetable
Check the on-demand bus operating hours for each area.