In 2023, the 2022 ticket fares and the reduction in the prices of the T-4 and all types of T-usual, T-jove and T-70/90 FM/FN are maintained.
T-casual tickets expire on 15 January 2023 and all other tickets purchased during 2022 expire on 31 December 2023 if they do not have a specific expiry date.
Consult all information on the Price reduction on transport fares page.
To purchase the subsidised T-usual card you must go in person to a Punt TMB customer service office or to the authorised points of other operators and present your personal identification card (DNI), foreigners' identity card (NIE) or your passport and the appropriate certificate in each case.
You must be registered as unemployed and meet at least one of the following requirements.
SMI stands for interprofessional guaranteed minimum wage.
- See which allowances or benefits from the State Public Employment Service (SEPE) entitle you to purchase and use the subsidised T-usual.
- Request a certificate that indicates the gross monthly amount and the period of time during which you are entitled to receive the allowance through Benefit Certificates. The termination date of your allowance must be after the purchase date of the subsidised T-usual card.
- Other Social Security pensions, allowances and benefits do not grant you the right to acquire or use a subsidised T-usual card.
- You must have been registered as a job seeker for at least 12 months in the last 2 years and
- you must be actively looking for work through a programme run by the Catalan Employment Service (SOC).
- if you receive any assistance, it must be for a gross amount less than the interprofessional guaranteed minimum wage (SMI).
If you meet these requirements, the Employment Service digitally issues the necessary certificate so that you can buy a subsidised T-usual card for the number of zones you need (the price is the same for all zones). The Catalan Employment Service (SOC) sends this digital certificate to the Metropolitan Transport Authority (ATM). Therefore, you only need to provide the document proving your identity.
- If you live in a municipality within the area of the Barcelona Metropolitan Transport Authority and you are registered as a resident,
- you are unemployed, actively looking for a job and
- you receive social services assistance from the municipal authorities.
You must request from your local authorities a certificate on which your full name, your personal identification number (DNI), foreigners' identification number (NIE) or passport number appear. This certificate must also verify that you are unemployed and receive social services assistance from the municipal authorities. You also have to provide a certificate issued by SOC (DARDO) where it is stated that you are actively looking for a job.
You can check if your municipality is within the area of the Barcelona Metropolitan Transport Authority (ATM) on the list of municipalities found on the page Map by zones.
More useful information
The current interprofessional guaranteed minimum wage (SMI) is €1000 per month.
How often must I provide a new certificate?
All the certificates must be submitted at a T-usual point of sale within 30 calendar days of the issuing date.
For each certificate, you will be entitled to purchase a maximum of 3 subsidised T-usual cards within 105 days of the issuing date. dona dret a comprar un màxim de 3 T-usual bonificades en el termini de 105 dies des de la data d’expedició.
How often and where can I buy a subsidised T-usual card?
A minimum of 27 days must pass between the purchase of one subsidised T-usual card and another.
The loss or theft of the subsidised T-usual card does not entitle you to receive a replacement pass, nor does it shorten the minimum time between purchases.
Each time you buy a subsidised T-usual card you must present your personal identification card (DNI), foreigners' identification card (NIE) or original passport.
You can purchase the T-usual card at any authorised point of sale, even if it is not the customer service centre where you submitted the original certificate.
Online purchasing and processing advantages
Purchase your subsidised T-usual from your PC or any mobile device. You will receive confirmation of your purchase after two business days, having done an administrative check.
The main advantage is that you won't have to get your T-usual from a face-to-face customer service.
When you have the bonus profile and buy online a subsidised T-usual for unemployed people, you will receive a voucher (magnetic ticket for digital purchase and collection at vending machines) within 48 hours. The online purchase of the T-usual bonus for unemployed people is disabled a few days before the change of fares.
Can someone purchase the subsidised T-usual card for me?
No. The subsidised T-usual card can only bought by the person entitled to use it.