What is the new bus network?
Where we've been
Where we're going
Introduction of the new bus network
Les 12 línies de l’última fase
L’última fase de la nova xarxa de bus inclou la implantació de 12 línies (una d'horitzontal, dues de diagonals i nou de verticals), que entraran en funcionament en dos moments diferents: la tardor del 2017 i la tardor del 2018.
Aquestes són les 12 línies previstes:
Three lines in 2016
Three new lines (one horizontal and two vertical) started running on 29 February 2016.
Four lines in 2014
On 15 September, three new lines (one horizontal and two vertical) started running, and one horizontal line from the previous phase (H16) was restructured.
Five lines in 2013
Three horizontal and two vertical lines, covering a total of 98 kilometres, entered service on 18 November.
Five lines in 2012
Two horizontal, two vertical and one diagonal line covering a total of 88.8 kilometres started running on 1 October.
The main features of the new bus network are:
- Faster, thanks to a series of measures that have been introduced, such as designated bus lanes, priority at traffic lights and double stops.
- Easier to use, as new bus lines follow straighter, more direct routes, designed to increase the efficiency and logic of the layout, to make travel smoother for users.
- Great links, as the network covers the city completely, from the Llobregat to the Besòs and from the sea to Collserola. And it provides better links with other bus routes and other modes of public transport (metro, FGC, Tram, etc.).
- More frequent, buses run more often (every 5 to 8 minutes) and services have been extended, which means shorter waiting times at stops.
- Gradual introduction of new lines in stages until all 28 lines planned for the new network are operational.
- Interchange hubs: the points where vertical, horizontal and diagonal bus routes intersect, in both directions, are called interchange hubs. Here changing buses is quick and easy.