Increasing social complexity and its repercussions on mobility and sustainability in the Barcelona metropolitan area, and the need to respond to commitment undertaken with government agencies require TMB to improve continually its management and clear focus on citizens' needs and expectations.
At TMB we consider quality to be a tool that contributes to our addressing the main challenges defined in our mission statement and vision.
Quality at TMB is based on the following criteria:
- Consideration of meeting the needs and expectations of the public as a priority objective.
- Must add value to operations management and help manage resources effectively and efficiently, through the optimisation of resources.
- Must have the involvement and commitment of management and the participation and motivation of all members of the organisation.
- Must have inclusive vision of the company and a global vision of the service, involving suppliers in the improvement process.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changes in environment, incorporating innovations and new technologies.
In order to realise these principles, TMB undertakes, internally, to establish a quality management system based on the model defined in standards UNE-EN-ISO 9001 and UNE-EN-ISO 14001 that enables us to ensure provision of the service, optimising resources sustainably, efficiently and safely.
Externally, TMB commits to its customers and the general public in regard to the quality of the public transport service according to the model defined in standard UNE-EN 13816 on:
- Service offered
- Punctuality and regularity
- Public information
- Customer services
- Comfort and safety
- Respect for the environment and contribution to sustainable development
In this respect TMB defines levels of requirement and assigns the personnel and technical and economic resources necessary to achieve these aims.