Purchase tickets online
Purchase tickets faster and more conveniently through the website or TMB App.
Purchase tickets online, even subsidised tickets
If you use subsidised tickets, you can now purchase them online. The first time you have to prove your identity. If you are a single-parent or a large family, you can prove your identity through the application for FM/FN profile. If you are unemployed, you have to prove your identity at a Punt TMB. This step will be valid for future purchases, and you can save time in the process.
With your JoTMBé user, purchasing transport tickets is easier than ever:
- Choose your ticket.
- Receive the collection code.
- Collect the ticket from the metro machines.
You can now start your journey!
Remember that online purchasing through this website and the TMB App is available for these tickets: Single ticket, Airport ticket, T-day, T-casual, T-usual, T-grup, T-jove and also subsidised tickets.
What are the facilities of purchasing tickets online?
Buying tickets and travel cards online allows you to:
- Check your shopping history.
- Easily repeat the operation with your normal method of payment.
- Obtain full invoices easily and immediately.
- Purchase travel cards for other people, who can collect them without having to bring cash or a payment card.
- Reduce face-to-face time when purchasing discounted tickets.
- Easily refund the purchase if you have made a mistake or change your mind.
- Win points and move up a level in the JoTMBé Points Programme.
How to purchase tickets online
1. Sign up for JoTMBé
To purchase your tickets online, you have to register in JoTMBé. You can do this through the website or application. After registering you can take advantage of a host of benefits as well as being able to make purchases. It's quick and easy!
2. Select the ticket purchasing option
Once registered, you can gain access to online purchasing via the website or app. There you will find a list of the tickets and travel passes available. Select a ticket or travel pass and start the purchasing process. You can buy a maximum of five identical tickets (in terms of ticket type and number of zones). If you need different types of ticket you will have to make separate purchases for each type.
You can also buy personalised travel passes. In this case you can only purchase them one by one; for each transaction you will need to introduce the digits (numbers only) of the relevant DNI/NIE/passport.
You can pay with VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
Select the option to save your personal data so that you don’t have to enter the payment card again for future purchases. You can also consult past purchases in your personal space.
3. If you want to purchase subsidised tickets, show your identity.
To purchase subsidised tickets, follow these steps:
- You need to prove your identity. If you are a single-parent or a large family, you can prove your identity through the application for FM/FN profile. If you are unemployed, you have to prove your identity at a Punt TMB. This step will be valid for future purchases, and you can save time in the process.
- Once the documentation has been checked, we will activate the online purchase option of subsidised tickets. You can consult the periods that are activated to make your purchase in the tab "Active discounts" of your JoTMBé profile.
- Access the catalogue of tickets through the website or the TMB App. You can now purchase online while the discounts are active.
4. Keep your collection code
Once the purchase process is completed you will receive a collection code (voucher) via the website or app screen. You will also receive a confirmation email with your purchase and voucher code.
5. Collect your ticket
In general, you can print out and collect your ticket at the ticket vending machines of the metro network until the next change of rates.
Ticket machines at the terminals T1 and T2 at the airport only accept tickets and passes that can be used in those stations. As a result, the single-trip ticket and T-Casual and T-Grup passes will not be available there.
6. Request an invoice for the ticket purchased
You will receive a simplified invoice of all tickets and travel cards you have purchased. Additionally, it is very easy to request a full invoice, either at the time of purchase or later on (up to the time limit set by current legislation) and so long as you maintain access to your JoTMBe account with the same email (user).
When you request a full invoice, we offer you the chance to save your personal information for future purchases and invoices. You can also change these details for a specific purchase, if you want it to be billed to another person or company.
7. Cancelling the purchase
You can request the refund of the purchase and to cancel the collection code (voucher) at the click of a button. If you make a mistake with the ticket type, zones, information entered or simply no longer need the ticket, you just have to select “Request refund” from the menu of the specific ticket purchased.
If the refund request has been submitted correctly, you will see the relevant information on screen and you will receive a refund confirmation email. Once you have requested a refund on a purchase, the collection code (voucher) will be cancelled and cannot be collected at any ticket issuing machine. The amount you have paid will be credited within a period of 2-3 weeks (depending on the bank involved, whether it is an international transaction, etc.)
You can request a refund so long as you have not collected the ticket or travel card and that the request is made within a maximum period of 119 days from the day after the purchase.
Do you need help?
If you have any queries about purchasing through the website or TMB App, let us know through the enquiry form and with the subject "Purchasing tickets online". If the query is about a specific transaction, please provide us with the date of purchase, the approximate purchase time, the purchase reference number, the collection code (voucher), the type and number of tickets bought and the login email address used to access your JoTMBé account.