Sustainable and Safe Mobility Week
Date: From 16 to 22 of September
Get mooving for cleaner air
Movilízate por un aire más limpioCatalonia's Sustainable and Safe Mobility Week 2017 (in catalan) takes place from 16 to 22 September and fosters sustainabe, safe, healthy habits , such walking, cycling, using public transport and drving electric cars, to present possible changes in the use of public space, improve air quality and reduce pollution. In addition to ensuring a healthy, sustainable and safe life, Mobility Week reinforces the potential of smart mobility to contribute to economic development.
The Week's main aims are to:
- Foster public behaviour in regard to the use of cars that is compatible with sustainable urban development, in particular air quality protection, road accident prevention, greenhouse gas reduction and rational energy resource consumption.
- Raise public awareness of the environmental impact of the different means of transport.
- Promote the use of sustainable transport, in particular, public transport, cycling, walking and electric cars.
- Bring about a reencounter of the public and the city, its people and cultural heritage, in a relaxed, healthy environment.
- Reflect on how excessive use of motorised transport affects human health. On the one hand, the pollution and congestion that negatively affect the heart and lungs and, on the other favour a sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise.
More information about the TMB programmed activities on TMB news website (CA).