The TMB Foundation and its website
The TMB Foundation ensures the conservation of the company's heritage and fosters accessibility, sustainability, education, culture and solidarity.
The TMB Foundation was constituted in 2010. Since then it worked to ensure the conservation and dissemination of TMB's historic and cultural heritage, and promote social action that fosters inclusion, accessibility, sustainability, cooperation, solidarity and the values of public transport as a sustainable option.
TMB Foundation activities
- Recover, inventory, conserve and protect TMB's historical and cultural heritage.
- Promote mobility culture by organising cultural activities.
- Foster research via studies on greening public transport for sustainable, safe mobility, and make the social and economic benefits visible.
- Promote the structuring and strengthening role of collective urban transport by organising work meetings, courses, seminars, congresses, etc.
- Promote specific training programmes in public transport, creating and awarding grants and funding for research and awarding prizes.
- Manage the shipping and delivery of donations through collaboration agreements and contracts.
- Publish texts and books on the objectives and purpose of the foundation.
- Advertise our activities and those of collaborating organisations.
The Foundation website
The TMB Foundation website (www.fundacio.tmb.cat) was created in September 2016, coinciding with the launch of the new TMB website.
Until then, content regarding the TMB Foundation was published on the corporate website, but when this was updated the Foundation was given its own space as a means of highlighting the operations it undertakes. Nevertheless, the two sites follow the same patterns of design, usability and management, and are closely interrelated.
The new website is more functional and is accessible to all users from any type of device.