Metro line 5, the blue line, links the towns of Cornellà de Llobregat, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Esplugues de Llobregat and Barcelona. As it crosses Barcelona, line 5 links the districts of Sants-Montjuïc, Eixample, Nou Barris and Horta-Guinardó.
The Barcelona metro opens every day at 5.00 am, except on days when it runs all night (and doesn't close).
The metro closes at different times, depending on the day. They are as follows:
- Weekdays (Monday to Thursday): until midnight.
- Fridays and eves of public holidays: until 2.00 am.
- Saturdays: runs all night.
- Sundays and mid-week holidays: until midnight.
- 24 December: until 11.00 pm.
- Other nights when it doesn't close:
- 23 and 30 April (Feria de Abril)
- from 23 to 24 June (Saint John's Eve)
- from 14 to 15 August (festes de Gràcia)
- from 18 to 19 September (festes de la Mercè)
- from 23 to 24 September (la Mercè)
- from 31 December to 1 January (New Year's Eve)
- Weekdays, Monday to Friday: from 7.30 am to 8.00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm
- Weekdays, Monday to Friday: 7.30 am to 10.00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: from 9.00 am to 10.00 pm